Radio and Television Diploma
Delivering the Program
National College’s Radio & Television Operations program is designed to prepare you with the knowledge and skills to gain entry-level employment in the broadcasting industry. You will develop experience in all aspects of broadcasting (in front of the camera/microphone, and behind the scenes in audio and video production).
Through a blended curriculum of classroom lecture and studio exercises, you will learn the practical application of the concepts and principles of broadcasting production and operations.
As a student in the Radio & Television Operations program, you will:
- Receive training in a variety of broadcast media duties.
- Gain first-hand experience with the technical components of broadcasting.
- Learn the fundamentals of the mass communications industry.
- Work with the same hardware and software used by industry professionals.
Your Learning Experience
Radio & Television Announcing
Become familiar with the announcer’s role, working with the announcer in production, analyzing copy, and effective delivery techniques.
Learn about audio production equipment, theory, and techniques.
Learn the fundamentals of video production equipment, production responsibilities, principles, and aesthetics.
Program core courses may include:
- Introduction to Broadcasting
- Audio Techniques
- Video Techniques
- Graphics Techniques
- Radio & Television Announcing
- Video Production
- Audio Production
1 While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
Why Radio and Television Operations Students Turn To National College:
- Convenience and flexibility – day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size – allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry experienced instructors – bringing their broadcasting and operations field experience to class.
- Peer tutoring – providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern studio labs – simulating real work experiences.
- Career services – helping with career advice and resources needed for today's job search environment.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates – keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Currently, there are no related news articles.