Paralegal Studies Certificate
Be a Valuable Asset with a Paralegal Education
Paralegals, whether they are employed on a full, part-time, or contracted basis, are increasingly in demand by corporate, government agencies, law firms, and other organizations because of the specific legal skills and knowledge they possess, making them indispensable to attorneys and the legal system.
National College's Certificate in Paralegal Studies program - approved by the American Bar Association - is designed exclusively for students and professionals who have previously earned an Associate's or Bachelor's degree:
- recent college graduates seeking a legal career or stepping stone to law school
- experience professionals seeking a career change to the legal industry
The Certificate in Paralegal Study program's content was developed with careful consideration toward satisfying the American Bar Association's recommendations for paralegals' and legal assistants' continuing education, as well as their preparation for the National Association of Legal Assistants' (NALA) Certified Paralegal exam.
Also see Paralegal associate's degree program.
Your Learning Experience
National College's Paralegal studies program combines academic rigor with legal, technical and leadership skills to develop well-rounded paralegal professionals. Our graduates are prepared to pursue careers as legal assistants and paralegals to perform tasks in legal, corporate, non-profit or government organizations.
- Learn from a curriculum designed with input from working professionals in the legal industry.
- Your learning experience will emphasize paralegal skills, forms, documents and procedures, as well as legal principles and theories which are pertinent to your performance as a paralegal.
- Develop an understanding on how to use industry-standard online research tools.
- Gain an understanding of how to navigate the court systems.
Your coursework and instructors will prepare you to take the National Certified Legal Assistant/Paralegal Examination (CLA/CP Exam) upon graduation to further improve your professional credentials.
National College does not support the unauthorized practice of law. The unauthorized practice of law damages the legal profession and the public it serves. A paralegal may not provide any legal services directly to the public or hold himself or herself out as an individual qualified to render independent legal services to another. A paralegal shall comply with the applicable legal authority governing the unauthorized practice of law in the jurisdiction in which the paralegal is employed or resides.
Why National College?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
“National College helped me see that if I put my mind to it, I can do it.”
Select your campus from the list below to view costs and disclosures for this program.