Medical Assisting Certificate
The Medical Assisting Certificate is designed to give students the basic clinical and administrative skills to enter the field of medical assisting. The practical and comprehensive coursework will include anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, administering injections, performing EKGs, and venipuncture.
Save Time & Money
National College’s progressive learning format saves you time and money by allowing you to get into the workforce more quickly while providing you with an opportunity to seamlessly pursue higher levels of academic achievement.
The certificate in medical assisting is 100% transferable to the associate’s degree in medical assisting, yet still provides the knowledge and skills necessary to begin earning in as few as 10 months.
Hands-On and Certification-Based
The program is characterized by a high degree of hands-on learning, including labs and a comprehensive externship course. Students who complete the program will be qualified to sit for the RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) exam, administered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) – a widely respected credential in the field.
Progressive Education Path – Medical Programs:
Why National College?
- Convenience and flexibility – With a combination of day and evening classes, videoconferencing, and online classes¹, you have the flexibility to earn your degree on your own schedule – many of our students work and have families.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times, in all formats, or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Select your campus from the list below to view costs and disclosures for this program.