Business Administration–Accounting Bachelor's Degree
Launch Your Business Career by the Numbers
National College’s Business Administration Accounting program is designed to prepare you to be a future business leader. As a graduate of this program you will experience a well-rounded curriculum to include a strong variety of accounting, business administration, and general education courses. The program offers an extensive background in general accounting principles as well as tax and cost accounting, proficiency in the use of various software packages, and an in-depth understanding of problem-solving and communication skills relative to the accounting profession.
In addition, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the most current business, marketing, and management strategies, and organizational structures to help give you a distinct competitive advantage.
As a student in the Business Administration Accounting program, you will:
- Gain knowledge of accounting theories and principles and their real-world application.
- Aquire the ability to analyze and record accounting transactions to support the accounting function.
- Gain valuable insights on managing the finances of small businesses, corporate offices, and financial situations.
- Understand and be able to apply tax laws and regulations to specific tax problems and situations in business.
- Use computer-based accounting software in analyzing and recording accounting transactions.
- Gain problem-solving and research ability relative to financial procedures.
- Gain hands-on training with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Acquire strong written and oral communication skills.
See also our Business Administration Accounting Associate's Degree.
Your Learning Experience
Principles of Accounting I, II, & III
The primary focus is on the use of accounting practices in today’s business world – beginning with individually owned businesses, then to financial reporting and corporate accounting.
Money, Banking, & the Financial Marketplace
Learn the structures and effects of commercial banking and relationships, the Federal Reserve System, monetary theory, and the impact of regulatory agencies.
Financial Planning & Investment
Study the fundamental principles of investments and the various types of investment securities.
Program core courses may include:
- Principles of Accounting I, II, & III
- Computerized Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I, II, & III
- Cost Accounting I & II
- Income Tax
- Managerial Accounting
- Advanced Taxation
- Municipal & Institutional Accounting
- Principles of Economics
- Financial Planning & Investments
- Money, Banking, & the Financial Marketplace
- Research & Report Writing
- The Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Desktop Applications
- Written Communications
- Business Math I & II
Why Business Administration Accounting Students Turn To National College:
- Convenience and flexibility – day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size – allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry experienced instructors – bringing their business, banking, accounting, and taxation skills and experience to class.
- Peer tutoring – providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern computer labs – simulating real work experiences.
- Career services – helping with career advice and resources needed for today's job search environment.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates – keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
Currently, academic credit earned at National College and American National University is creditable toward the education requirement for taking the CPA exam in Virginia and Ohio. Each state has its own requirements and students and prospective students are strongly advised to contact the Board of Accountancy in any state in which they may wish to become licensed as a CPA to determine whether that state will accept academic credit earned at a nationally accredited institution toward the education requirement for licensure in that state.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
“National College helped me see that if I put my mind to it, I can do it.”
Select your campus from the list below to view costs and disclosures for this program.