Administrative Office Specialist Diploma
It Pays to be Organized
As a graduate of National College's Administrative Office Specialist program you will be prepared with the skills employers require in a wide variety of modern office environments to include computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and others. In addition, you will acquire the skills necessary to maintain schedules, files and correspondence; organize paperwork; and manage the day-to-day operations of an office.
Through a blended curriculum of classroom lecture and computer lab exercises, you will gain the training to build essential office skills with a strong foundation in Microsoft technologies.
As a student in the Administrative Office Specialist program, you will:
- Develop the skills to communicate effectively and provide professional customer service.
- Learn how to handle general office procedures and tasks.
- Learn how to utilize general desktop and spreadsheet applications.
- Gain first-hand experience in using current Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Have a general understanding of how businesses operate.
The coursework in this program can prepare you to sit for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam. Earning the designation of a certified Microsoft Office Specialist can help you stand out in today’s competitive job market and broaden your employment opportunities by displaying advanced skills.
Your Learning Experience
Introduction to Business
Learn about the basic fundamentals of business to include business terms, business concepts, organization structures, and the functions of business.
General Office Procedures
Learn fundamental office procedures you will need to perform administrative duties in the executive office.
Study current spreadsheet programs and their applications as related to the workplace.
Program core courses may include:
- General Office Procedures
- Introduction to Business
- The Microsoft Office
- Desktop Applications
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Keyboarding I & II
Why Administrative Office Specialist Students Turn To National College:
- Convenience and flexibility – day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size – allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry experienced instructors – bringing their technology skills and office management experience to class.
- Peer tutoring – providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern computer labs – simulating real work experiences.
- Career services – helping with career advice and resources needed for today's job search environment.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates – keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
“I thought my background in engineering coupled with a degree in business, would make me more marketable.”