Applied IT Management
Become a highly sought-after IT management professional
National College's Applied IT Management program is designed to provide you with a foundation in business management and IT skills and an education that will give you the credentials to get ahead.
Unlike traditional information technology programs, National College takes an applied, multidisciplinary approach, preparing you with a big picture perspective so you can help government and industry respond to the management and technology challenges of today's increasingly complex and mobile workplace.
You will develop skills in computer hardware, software and Local Area and Wide Area Networking, basic server configuration, server management, and security as well as emerging virtualization and cloud technologies.
The Applied IT Management program builds on a strong foundation of courses from business management and information technology curricula and adds a broad mix of some of the most in-demand management topics such as Information Security Governance and Managing Innovation.
Because you will be receiving an education in both business management and information technology you will be prepared to compete for entry level and mid-level management positions like: IT Operations Manager, Network Administrator and Operations Analysts.
The Bachelor of Applied IT Management program is also available through American National University On Campus classes.
Your Learning Experience
The National College Bachelor of Applied IT Management degree program is designed to prepare you for a rewarding career in the IT industry. Your coursework will focus on:
- Foundational knowledge in business and management topics and an inter-disciplinary range of technical disciplines most commonly addressed in today's IT departments.
- Advanced technical topics such as virtualization and cloud computing, advanced security concepts and IT operations management.
Whether you are interested in starting or advancing your career in this specialized field, this program will prepare you to sit for certifications exams from vendors such as Microsoft® and industry recognized certifications exams administered through CompTIA®. These certifications can help you stand out in today's competitive job market and broaden employment opportunities.
National College promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn your degree in Applied IT Management you can immediately use your training to advance your career or continue your education. You can continue your education in specialty fields such as cybersecurity. or pursue your academic goals through the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
Meet Elizabeth Weber, in her third term of the medical assisting associate’s degree program.