Melinda Chappell-Career Center Director-Cincinnati
Jun 02, 2014
• Melinda Chappell—Difference Maker at the Cincinnati Campus
• Career Center Director
• American National University staff member since 2013
• Two-time recipient of American National University’s “Employee of the Term” award for the Cincinnati Campus; recipient of MLK Humanitarian Award in 2009 from Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
• Certified Administrative Professional in Organizational Management (CAP-OM); holds a medical assistant diploma, a Bachelor of Arts degree in professional communications, and a Master of Business Administration degree
• Previously gained two years of experience as a medical assistant; twenty-one years as an administrative assistant for a local medical center; and six years as an instructor of medical, business, and technology courses for a local college
“I have a passion for assisting students and guiding them to successful career options once they graduate. I enjoy mentoring and coaching students as they develop in their careers.
“I appreciate the stamina that most of our students have in overcoming adversity and significant setbacks as they strive to reach that prize of obtaining their diplomas and degrees from American National University, in order to become successful and contributing individuals in their communities. I seek to help them see what can be accomplished through effort, energy, determination, and hard honest work.
“Working with my colleagues and peers is the best part of being here at American National University. They are the best team I have ever worked with and are always willing to help make American National University a place of action for student career development.”
Melinda Chappell, career center director of the Cincinnati Campus is a two-time recipient of American National University’s “Employee of the Term” award.