Joshua Deppen-Pharmacy Technician Department Chair-Dayton
Jun 23, 2014
• Joshua Deppen—Difference Maker at the Dayton Area Campus
• Pharmacy Technician department chair and instructor
• Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
• American National University faculty member since 2013
• Holds a pharmacy technician degree from Sinclair Community College and a bachelor of science degree in biology from Wright State University
• Gained 15 years of experience as a lead technician and trainer in retail and hospital pharmacies
“The experiences that I have had working as a pharmacy technician allow me to focus on important areas that students need to know to become successful in their careers. During labs, I like to teach students the tricks of the trade, such as smarter and easier ways to complete job tasks that can only be learned by job experience or mentoring.
“I like to challenge my students to share their knowledge and experiences. By teaching or helping someone else, it shows that they have truly mastered their course material and reinforces the patience and teamwork they will need to exhibit to be successful in life.
“My favorite teaching moment is the ‘Ah-ha!’ face. Students light up when all of the pieces come together. They may have been struggling with a calculation or concept during their entire K-12 education, but it finally clicks when it is related to their chosen career.
“The Dayton Area Campus staff and faculty are very supportive and brilliant teammates. It’s great that we all share the same vision: students’ needs come first, and our goal is to help the students achieve their goal of graduating and beginning a career.”
Joshua Deppen is the Pharmacy Technician department chair and instructor of the Dayton Area Campus.
Get started today! Learn more about the
Medical: Pharmacy Technician - Diploma (PTH)