Tourism and Hospitality Associate’s Degree
Recreation, Leisure, or Business
The tourism and hospitality field is among the fastest growing industries in the world today – and a field that offers a wide variety of career choices and tremendous opportunities for qualified candidates.
In the National College Tourism and Hospitality associate’s degree program¹ you will focus on the importance of high-quality services that is professional and memorable.
The program integrates courses in business, hospitality and tourism, the humanities, and social and physical sciences while enabling you to select from focused courses of study depending on your interests.
National College fosters close relationships with alumni, employers and members of the business community, providing access to the most current travel and tourism and hospitality management practices and education to ensure you are prepared to interface with clients and suppliers.
See also our Tourism and Hospitality diploma.
Your Learning Experience
Your National College’s Tourism and Hospitality associate’s degree studies will give you a solid foundation and a vital perspective on general business, as well as the tourism and hospitality industry, through courses that will:
- Expose you to management concepts in lodging, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and marketing and sales management.
- Develop your critical thinking and decision-making skills as they apply to the tourism and hospitality field.
- Create an awareness of cultural and physical geography throughout the world.
- Further develop your ability to communicate effectively with clients, guests, vendors and industry professionals through oral and written communication.
- Provide you a working knowledge in current systems and technologies used by airlines, hotels and travel agencies.
- Develop your understanding of organizational structure and management skills required for entry-level hospitality and tourism-related industry careers.
Your core courses will be supplemented by general education courses such as English Composition, Ethics, and Cultural Appreciation.
Externship opportunities are available to learn processes and practices in the real-world environment where you can observe, learn, and practice tourism and/or hospitality services in a local business setting.
National College promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn a your associate’s degree you can immediately use your training to advance your career as you continue your education in high-demand fields at the bachelor’s degree level – areas such as Business Administration–Accounting or Management.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times, or offered every term. Check with a Student Services representative.
Why National College?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
Currently, there are no related news articles.