Systems and User Support Diploma
Computers Don't Take A Day Off - Keeping Them Up and Running
National College’s Systems and User Support program prepares graduates to work in a wide variety of industries. You will be ready for many challenging positions ranging from installing hardware and software to coordinating user support and help desk operations.
Coursework in this program is explored through classroom lecture and practical applications in a laboratory environment focusing on operating system technology and network infrastructure administration.
As a student in the Systems and User Support program, you will:
- Gain a basic level of knowledge and skills to support end user environments.
- Be able to recognize and resolve issues that involve interaction between the end user and server platforms as well as the network itself.
- Develop proficiency in solving user issues whether they arise from the client operating system, applications, the server, the network infrastructure, or the Active Directory.
- Develop problem-solving, analytical, and communications skills.
Graduates of the Systems & User Support program will be prepared for a variety of career-specific certification exams such as the Microsoft® Windows Server 2008 Network Structure exam and the Microsoft® Certified Technology Specialist exam.
Your Learning Experience
Supporting Desktop: OS
Learn the skills necessary to support users and troubleshoot desktop applications on a desktop operating system.
Implementing and Troubleshooting Operating Systems Technology
Learn the skills necessary to install, configure, support, upgrade, diagnose, and troubleshoot various operating systems.
Network Infrastructure Administration
Develop the knowledge and skills necessary to take the Microsoft® Windows Server 2008 Network Structure exam.
Program core courses may include:
- The Microsoft Office
- Oral Communications
- Computer and Information Technology Fundamentals
- Implementing and Troubleshooting Operating Systems Technology
- Supporting Desktop: OS
- Supporting Desktop Appllications
- Network +
- Windows Server Administration I
- Network Infrastructure Configuration
- Directory Services Administration
- Business Math I
Why Systems and User Support Students Turn To National College:
- Convenience and flexibility – day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size – allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry experienced instructors – bringing their industry experience and insights to class..
- Peer tutoring – providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern computer labs – simulating real work experiences.
- Career services – helping with career advice and resources needed for today's job search environment.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates – keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Meet Elizabeth Weber, in her third term of the medical assisting associate’s degree program.