Radio and Television Broadcasting Associate’s Degree
Telling the Story Through Media
National College's Radio & Television Broadcasting program will introduce you to all aspects of the creative and technical production of radio and television as well as provide hands-on training and instructional experience in the practical aspects of announcing, production techniques, operations, and broadcast law and regulations.
Through a blended curriculum of classroom lecture and studio exercises, you will learn the practical application of the concepts and principles of broadcast production and operations.
As a student in the Radio & Television Broadcasting program, you will:
- Learn everything from the behind-the-scenes technical aspects of TV to being in front of the camera.
- Gain instruction in broadcast production (studio camera operations and studio lighting).
- Gain first-hand experience of the technical components of broadcasting.
- Learn the fundamentals of the broadcast regulations, electronic editing, and writing for television.
- Work with the same hardware and software used by industry professionals.
Your Learning Experience
Introduction to Broadcasting
Learn about the mass communications industry and be introduced to the technical components of broadcasting.
Learn techniques which will enable you to organize and create an entire newscast.
Radio & Television Announcing
Become familiar with the announcer’s role, working with the announcer in production, analyzing copy, and effective delivery techniques.
Program core courses may include:
- Introduction to Broadcasting
- Audio Techniques
- Video Techniques
- Graphics Techniques
- Broadcast Law and Ethics
- Broadcast Journalism
- Advanced Television Production
- Radio & Television Announcing
- Audio Production
- Video Production
- Advanced Post Production
- Media Writing
- Radio & Television Externship
Why Radio & Television Broadcasting Students Turn To National College:
- Convenience and flexibility – day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size – allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry experienced instructors – instructing on current techniques used in the industry.
- Peer tutoring – providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern studio labs – simulating a real radio/television work environment.
- Externship placement – enabling students to build career experience.
- Career services – helping with career advice and resources needed for today's job search environment.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates – keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Currently, there are no related news articles.