Pharmacy Technician Diploma
Be a Liaison Between People and Medication
National College’s Pharmacy Technician diploma program is designed to provide you with the knowledge, laboratory skills, and field experience required for entry-level employment as a pharmacy technician.
Students completing the Pharmacy Technician diploma program are prepared to sit for the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) exam offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
As a student in the Pharmacy Technician program, you will:
- Develop a foundation in understanding drugs and their applications.
- Learn how to assist the pharmacist in prescription preparation and administration.
- Learn the basics for updating patient profiles, labeling pharmaceutical products, managing inventory, and recognizing trade and generic drug names.
- Learn how to maintain patient records and prepare insurance claims.
See also our Pharmacy Technician Associate's Degree.
Your Learning Experience
Pharmacy Systems of Operation
Learn the operational fundamentals to include pharmacy laws, standards, and ethics for pharmacy technicians.
Dosage and Calculations of Medications
Learn how to accurately calculate dosages and properly interpret medication labels.
Pharmacology I & II
Learn the basics and issues important in today’s health care settings including legal foundations, over-the-counter and alternative medications, principles of drug action, life span aspects of drug therapies, and substance abuse and misuse.
Program core courses may include:
- Introduction to Pharmacology
- Pharmacy Systems of Operations
- Dosage and Calculations of Medications
- Anatomy & Physiology: Systems of Transport & Support
- Anatomy & Physiology: Body Control Systems
- Health Care Law and Ethics
- Terminology of Body Systems
- Terminology of Body Support
- Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Technician Exam Success Class
- Pharmacy Technician Externship
- The Microsoft Office
Why Pharmacy Technician Students Turn To National College:
- Convenience and flexibility – day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size – allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry experienced instructors – bringing their clinical skills and retail pharmacy experience to class.
- Peer tutoring – providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern medical labs – simulating real work experiences.
- Clinical externship placement as part of the Pharmacy Technician program – enabling students to build career experience.
- Career services – helping with career advice and resources needed for today's job search environment.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates – keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
“I didn't want to be a CNA for the rest of my life,” said Chrissy Holstein - a recent graduate of the Bristol Campus's Phlebotomy+ECG program.
Select your campus from the list below to view costs and disclosures for this program.