Health Care Management Bachelor’s Degree
Because Everyone Deserves Quality Healthcare
National College’s Health Care Management program is designed to provide a foundation in the principles of health information technology, health care management and operations, business management, accounting, and healthcare law and ethics. As a graduate you will be prepared to work in a variety of settings, including clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, urgent care centers, and medical practices.
As a student in the Health Care Management program, you will:
- Establish competencies in health care management, finance, policies and procedures, and relevant legal and regulatory issues.
- Study health care issues from a management perspective.
- Explore topics in public health, long term care, ambulatory care, and health information systems.
- Improve analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Develop a foundation in business fundamentals.
Your Learning Experience
Introduction to Healthcare Management
This course focuses on a systematic understating of organizational principles, practices, and insights pertinent to the management of health service organizations.
Computerized Health Information Systems
Learn about the entry and management of electronic medical records.
Directed Professional Practicum
Gain practical management skills by spending 120 hours in a supervised health care environment.
Program core courses may include:
- Principles of Accounting I & II
- Diseases of the Human Body
- Principles of Economics
- Organizational Management & Leadership
- Human Resource Management
- Quality Assessment, Outcomes, and Improvements
- The Microsoft Office
- Desktop Applications
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Written Communications
- Introduction to Healthcare Management
- Health Care Economics
- Accounting & Billing Procedures for HCM
- Computerized Health Information Systems
- Public Health Statistics
- Management of Information Technology for Health Professionals
- Advanced Healthcare Law & Ethics
- Management of Physician Practices
- Business Math I
- Database Design
- Terminology of Body Systems
- Terminology of Body Support
- Healthcare Law & Ethics
- Anatomy & Physiology: Systems of Transport & Support
- Anatomy & Physiology: Body Control Systems
- Directed Professional Practicum
Why Health Care Management Students Turn To National College:
- Convenience and flexibility – day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size – allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry exprienced instructors – bringing their health care management experience and business insights to class.
- Peer tutoring – providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern computer labs – simulating real work experiences.
- Career services – helping with career advice and resources needed for today's job search environment.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates – keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Meet Elizabeth Weber, in her third term of the medical assisting associate’s degree program.