Cybersecurity Online Associate’s Degree
Secure your Future
Business, industry and government today face cyberattacks on an unprecedented scale. These attacks threaten their critical network resources, intellectual property, financial, capital, customer data and corporate reputations. Attacks sponsored by foreign countries threaten our national security. Despite the severity of these threats, business and government hiring managers are struggling to find qualified cybersecurity professionals.
National College's Associate of Science degree in Cybersecurity¹ is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in the principles and methods of cybersecurity, as well as the organizational knowledge and tools for applying security measures across a variety of network architectures and settings.
In addition to serving as a strong foundation for pursuing a bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, this associate's degree program will provide the educational background necessary so you can successfully begin an entry-level career as an information assurance specialist, network security administrator, or network security analyst.
See also our Cybersecurity Bachelor's Degree online program.
Your Learning Experience
The Associate of Science degree in Cybersecurity provides and extends training in computer networks by requiring a significant number of courses in security defense tactics and strategy, in networks both wired and wireless. The course content emphasizes:
- The core set of skills needed for practical and dynamic network defense.
- How to recognize and analyze suspicious network traffic patterns.
- How to perform Security and Vulnerability Assessments.
Whether you are interested in starting or advancing your career in this specialized field, this program will prepare you to sit for certification exams from vendors such as Microsoft® and industry recognized certifications exams administered through CompTIA® and EC Council®. These certifications can help you stand out in today's competitive job market and broaden employment opportunities.
National College promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn your associate's degree in cybersecurity, you can immediately use your training to advance your career as you further your education in the field of cybersecurity; or continue your education in cybersecurity at the bachelor's degree level other high-demand fields at the bachelor's degree level in areas such as information technology and business administration management.
¹ The online division of National College is approved to offer the Associate of Science degree in Cybersecurity in the state of Virginia.
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
Currently, there are no related news articles.