Health Care Management Online Bachelor’s Degree
Because Everyone Deserves Quality Healthcare
Advances in healthcare coupled with an aging human population are driving demand for health management professionals¹ who possess both business skills and in-depth knowledge of healthcare functions and processes. In response, National College offers the Health Care Management bachelor’s degree program.²
As a student in this focused bachelor’s degree program, you will enhance your analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills while establishing competency in healthcare management, finance, policies and procedures, and relevant legal and regulatory issues. From healthcare administration to health services management, this degree program will prepare you for numerous career opportunities in this dynamic and rewarding field.
Your Learning Experience
Throughout your program, you'll learn the essentials of business practices and health care management—but not just through textbooks and lectures. Rather, we make sure you become actively engaged in a 120-hour supervised professional practicum in a healthcare environment.
- Learn the fundamentals of the healthcare industry that include healthcare law, ethics and public health statistics.
- Understand the role and function of topics such as business fundamentals, coding for insurance billing, organizational management and leadership, human resource management, accounting, and billing procedures as they pertain to the healthcare industry and principals of accounting and economics.
- Get ample hands-on experiencing using desktop and spreadsheet applications while learning the role of computerized information systems for healthcare professionals.
¹Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012–2013 Edition
²While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times, in both online and on-campus formats or offered every term. Check with a Student Services representative.
³Applicants applying to the online bachelor’s degree program should have earned an associate’s degree in any discipline. The online division of the Roanoke Valley, VA campus is approved to offer the bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management in the state of Virginia.
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
“I thought my background in engineering coupled with a degree in business, would make me more marketable.”