Why Technology is at the Heart of Every Business
Jun 21, 2016
There are very few businesses that can exist today without technology. From local stores using computerized sales systems to the supercomputers that help run our national defense, technology is everywhere! Here are 5 reasons technology is at the heart of every business:
1. Efficiency: What was once done with paper and pencil and entered into ledgers manually is now accomplished much more quickly and efficiently through computer software. Data can be entered, tracked, and analyzed all through programs designed specifically for your business. It also cuts down on the cost of storage and transport, since everything can now be stored and shared as digital files. Whether you work in business, healthcare, or IT, there is technology that can make your job go faster and easier.
2. Organization: Computers allow you to store all your files in one digital central location and track a wide range of information: from your clients, to product, to personnel. There are: Customer relations management systems (CRMs) that track your contact with a customer. Programs that keep track of ordering, pricing, storing, tracking, and selling inventory. Human-resource software that helps you manage and pay your workforce. Accounting programs for tracking and measuring the financial health of your business. Health information management systems that keep track of patients and their care. Whatever business you’re in, technology can help you keep it organized.
“If you want to be competitive in the modern workforce, you need to be familiar with the technology that is vital in your field.”
3. Accuracy: Technology is vital to accuracy in today’s fast-paced world. In business, technology tracks nearly every financial transaction conducted, but in healthcare it saves lives! The electronic medical records that follow patients wherever they’re treated can tell doctors and nurses what treatments patients have already received and detect potentially deadly drug interactions.
4. Security: With so much of our day-to-day interactions conducted over the internet or network systems, it is easier than ever for those with criminal intent to have access to large caches of sensitive information unless the proper security measures are in place. Cybersecurity is key to keeping information, money, and people safe from cyber-crimes.
5. Communication: Email, instant messages, and texts help keep you and the people you work with informed and connected. When the lines of communication are open and easy to access, every business can run more smoothly. Whether you send an email to confirm court dates as a paralegal or shoot out a quick text about a business meeting, technology helps you communicate quickly.
At American National University, we don’t just teach technology in our IT programs and courses – we integrate technology into all of our programs, including our business and healthcare degrees. That’s because we know that if you want to be competitive in the modern workforce, you need to be familiar with the technology that is vital in your field. Contact us today to learn about all the in-demand skills we can teach you.